Subject: [Isis-wg] isisManualAddressDrops trap

From: Laura Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:38:29 -0500

Hello Jeff,

In draft-ietf-isis-wg-mib-08.txt, the description of isisManualAddressDrops
trap are:

DESCRIPTION
        "This notification is generated when one of the
         manual areaAddresses assigned to this system is
         ignored when computing routes.  The object
         isisManAreaAddrExistState describes the area that
         has been dropped.

I can think of two possible case that a manual areaAddress being dropped.
One is the manual areaAddr could not being added to the Union areaAddr set
due to the limit of maximuAreaAdresses. Another is during SPF, a peer's
manual area address was not used for L1 reachable routes. which one the trap
referring to?

thanks,

Laura

----------------------------------------- (on Chiaro SMTP Relay)

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property
of Chiaro Networks, Ltd., and may contain confidential and 
privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named
recipient(s), or otherwise have reason to believe that you have 
received this message in error, please notify the sender and 
delete all copies from your system.  Any other use, retention, 
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is 
strictly prohibited.

---------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:43:33 -0400

> isisManualAddressDrops
> One is the manual areaAddr could not being added to the Union 
> areaAddr set due to the limit of maximuAreaAdresses. Another 
> is during SPF, a peer's manual area address was not used for 
> L1 reachable routes. 
>
> which one the trap referring to?

The first.  

- jeff parker

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg