Subject: [Isis-wg] IP interface TLV in LSPs

From: "ARAVIND R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:03:11 +0530

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding the interpretation of the following paragraph in
section 3.1 of rfc 1195

"In some cases, it will be useful for IP-capable routers to be able to
determine an IP address(es) of
all other routers at their level (i.e., for level 1 routers: all other
routers in their area; for level 2
routers: all other level 2 routers in the routing domain). This is useful
whenever an IP packet is to
be sent to a router, such as for encapsulation or for transmission of
network management packets.
This information is made available by inclusion of IP address in LSPs.
Specifically, each IS-IS
LSP includes one or more IP addresses of the router which transmits the LSP.
An IP-capable
router is required to include at least one of its IP addresses in its LSPs,
and may optionally in-clude
several or all of its IP addresses. Where a single router operates as both a
level 1 and a level
2 router, it is required to include the same IP address(es) in its level 1
and level 2 LSPs."

Do this mean that the chosen IP address/addresses needs/need to be included
in
each LSP generated by the IS?

 or

Will it be sufficient to include it in only one LSP(say LSP 0) ?

Thanks
Aravind

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Jeff Learman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:47:54 -0400

>Will it be sufficient to include it in only one LSP(say LSP 0) ?

Yes.  It should not be repeated in other LSP segments.  (Note that
this can appear to happen, if the TLV "moves" between segments, so
it's not strictly illegal.)

Jeff