Subject: [Isis-wg] ISIS-GMPLS extensions doubts

From: ramanathan rams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:29:14 -0700

hi all,

            I have the following doubts, could u please explain me? If I am 
wrong with my assumptions please correct me.

Assumptions :

*  In optical domain - control channel and data channel are separate.

   ISIS will be running in the control channel  and advertise thecontrol 
channel connectivity.  For GMPLS/TE purpose we r adding  the data channel 
properties along with control channel properties in ISIS LSPs and flooding 
it. so i assume that we need not establish data channel adjacency in each 
and every data channel using hellos. Hellos will be exchanged only in 
control channel and control channel adjacency will be established. In LSPs 
along with control channel link state, data channel properties will be 
advertised.

*  we can have multiple data channels between  two systems ( many point to 
point links ). for each link local end will assign local link identifer and 
remote end will assign remote link identifier.

Doubts :

From ISIS GMPLS extension :

*  Section 6.5 says Link's local and remote identifers are exchanged using 
3 way PP handshake.  using 3 way PP Handshake, we can exchange local and 
remote identifiers. In this case it is done for the link where data and 
control channel are not separate. In optical domain since we exchange 
hellos only in control channel, how do we exchange link identifiers for so 
many data channels that are running between two machines.

*  SRLG option is unique for local and remote link identifier combination 
right?, if that is the case anyway we r advertising the local and remote 
idenitfier in IS extended reachability field as a sub TLV, so we can add 
SRLG as a sub TLV of IS extended reachability right? why do we need a 
separate TLV?( assumption : if we have n data links between two machines A 
and B, in A's LSP IS extended reachability for neighbour B, will appear  n 
times for n different links )

thanks
rams.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg