Subject: RE: [Isis-wg] editorial comments to -10 mib draft

From: "Ganguly, Shamik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:08:11 -0500

Hi Jeff,

I have a query regarding all ExistState objects in Draft 10 of ISIS mib.
This object is there in isisSysTable, isisSummAddrTable,
isisRedistributeAddrTable and isisCircTable. All of these objects have a
DEFVAL of 'active'. Can you explain why? ExistState object is supposed to
follow the behavior of RowStatus textual convention as described in RFC
1443. For correct RowStatus behavior, these objects should not have any
default values.

-Shamik  

-----Original Message-----
From: Noguchi Kay [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 6:11 PM
To: ISIS-WG (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] editorial comments to -10 mib draft

Hi Jeff,

> > 2, isisSysLevelTable mibs should be placed after 
> > isisRedistributeAddrTable.
> 
> I don't mind moving it, but I don't see the reason to do so.
> Why is that a better place for it?

	From the mib point of view, isisSysLevelTable is after
	isisRedistributeTable shown below.

.1.3.6.1.3.37.1.1.6: isisRedistributeTable
.1.3.6.1.3.37.1.2.1: isisSysLevelTable

Thank you,

								kay
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:31:18 -0500

> I have a query regarding all ExistState objects..
> isisRedistributeAddrTable and isisCircTable. All of these 
> objects have a DEFVAL of 'active'. 
> Can you explain why? 

I plead ignorance.

> ExistState object is  supposed to
> follow the behavior of RowStatus textual convention as 
> described in RFC 1443. For correct RowStatus behavior, 
> these objects should not have any default values.
> 
> -Shamik  
 
Thanks - I have updated.  There seemed to be a few
more as well.

    isisSysExistState OBJECT-TYPE
    isisManAreaAddrExistState OBJECT-TYPE
    isisSysProtSuppExistState OBJECT-TYPE
    isisSummAddrExistState OBJECT-TYPE
    isisRedistributeAddrExistState OBJECT-TYPE
    isisCircExistState OBJECT-TYPE
    isisRAExistState OBJECT-TYPE
    isisIPRAExistState OBJECT-TYPE
 
- jeff parker