Subject: [Isis-wg] IETF/JTC draft - assignment of sub-TLVs

From: "Don Goodspeed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 22:02:46 -0500 (EST)

Alex,

Who will be responsible for the assigment and maintaining of 
sub-TLVs?  Should this be mentioned?

-don

_______________________________________________
Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
The most personalized portal on the Web!
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 21:08:22 -0800

Don,

The following section should address this issue:

>   3.2.2 IETF-specific Registries
> 
>    IETF MAY request IANA to maintain IS-IS-related registries if those
>    are required to maintain name spaces internal to Internet-specific
>    IS-IS extensions.

Documents introducing the new namespace (such as Sub-TLV sub-types)
should have an IANA Considerations section requesting IANA to
create and maintain a registry and provide guidelines for allocation.

Does this sound reasonable?

Alex