Subject: [Isis-wg] Last Call: draft-ietf-isis-link-attr (Definition of an IS-IS Link Attribute sub-TLV) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:36:52 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the IS-IS for IP Internets WG 
(isis) to consider the following document:

- 'Definition of an IS-IS Link Attribute sub-TLV '
   <draft-ietf-isis-link-attr-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has a normative reference to an informational RFC,
RFC 3784.  RFC 3784 is part of a group of informational RFCs that
was published as informational instead of standards-track for
historical reasons, and there is current work in progress to advance
it to standards track.  However, to avoid unnecessary delay for
this document, the IESG proposes using a combination of the RFC
3967 rule (this Last Call) and the annotation described in section
4 of draft-klensin-norm-ref (currently in Last Call).  The annotation
will read:

    As of this writing, there is ongoing work to republish RFC  
    3784 on the IETF Standards Track.  Please consult the
    RFC Index to see if this has occurred, and see the updated
    reference if so.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2007-03-12. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-link-attr-03.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=12689&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg