Subject: [Isis-wg] New Versions of MI and GENAPP Draft

From: "Les Ginsberg \(ginsberg\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 08:53:31 -0700

Folks -

I call your attention to two new drafts which have recently been posted:

1)IS-IS Multi-instance - draft-previdi-isis-mi-00.txt 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-previdi-isis-mi-00.txt

This is a rework/renaming of an earlier draft
(draft-previdi-isis-mi-mt-01.txt). The draft has been renamed to reflect
its wider scope of applicability.

Abstract 

   This draft describes a mechanism that allows a single router to   
   share one or more links among multiple IS-IS routing protocol 
   instances. 

   Multiple instances allow the isolation of resources associated with 
   each instance. Routers will form instance specific adjacencies, 
   exchange instance specific routing updates and compute paths 
   utilizing instance specific LSDB information. Each PDU will contain 
   a new TLV identifying the instance to which the PDU belongs. This 
   allows a network operator to deploy multiple IS-IS instances in 
   parallel, using the same set of links when required and still have 
   the capability of computing instance specific paths. This draft does 
   not address the forwarding paradigm that needs to be used in order 
   to ensure data PDUs are forwarded according to the paths computed by 
   a specific instance.

2) Advertising Generic Information in IS-IS -
draft-ginsberg-isis-genapp-01.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ginsberg-isis-genapp-01.txt

This updated version now has a dependency on the use of MI as defined in
#1 above.

Abstract 
    
   This draft describes the manner in which generic application 
   information (i.e. information not directly related to the operation 
   of the IS-IS protocol) SHOULD be advertised in IS-IS LSPs and 
   defines guidelines which SHOULD be used when flooding such 
   information.

  Les

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg