Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 5130 on A Policy Control Mechanism in IS-IS Using Administrative Tags

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:59:16 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5130

        Title:      A Policy Control Mechanism in 
                    IS-IS Using Administrative Tags 
        Author:     S. Previdi, M. Shand, Ed.,
                    C. Martin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16284
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-admin-tags-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5130.txt

This document describes an extension to the IS-IS protocol to add
operational capabilities that allow for ease of management and
control over IP prefix distribution within an IS-IS domain.  This
document enhances the IS-IS protocol by extending the information
that an Intermediate System (IS) router can place in Link State
Protocol (LSP) Data Units for policy use.  This extension will
provide operators with a mechanism to control IP prefix distribution
throughout multi-level IS-IS domains.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg