Subject: [Isis-wg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-isis-rfc2966bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Domain-wide Prefix Distribution with Two-Level IS-IS
	Author(s)       : T. Li, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-isis-rfc2966bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-03-17

This document describes extensions to the Intermediate System to
Intermediate System (IS-IS) protocol to support optimal routing
within a two-level domain.  The IS-IS protocol is specified in ISO
10589, with extensions for supporting IPv4 (Internet Protocol)
specified in RFC 1195.  This document replaces RFC 2966.

This document extends the semantics presented in RFC 1195 so that a
routing domain running with both level 1 and level 2 Intermediate
Systems (IS) [routers] can distribute IP prefixes between level 1 and
level 2 and vice versa.  This distribution requires certain
restrictions to insure that persistent forwarding loops do not form.
The goal of this domain-wide prefix distribution is to increase the
granularity of the routing information within the domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-rfc2966bis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg