Subject: [Isis-wg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-isis-rfc3567bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) Cryptographic Authentication
	Author(s)       : T. Li, R. Atkinson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-isis-rfc3567bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2008-07-14

This document describes the authentication of Intermediate System to
Intermediate System (IS-IS) Protocol Data Units (PDUs) using the
Hashed Message Authentication Codes - Message Digest 5 (HMAC-MD5)
algorithm as found in RFC 2104.  IS-IS is specified in International
Standards Organization (ISO) 10589, with extensions to support
Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) described in RFC 1195.  The base
specification includes an authentication mechanism that allows for
multiple authentication algorithms.  The base specification only
specifies the algorithm for cleartext passwords.  This document
replaces RFC 3567.

This document proposes an extension to that specification that allows
the use of the HMAC-MD5 authentication algorithm to be used in
conjunction with the existing authentication mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-rfc3567bis-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg