Subject: [Isis-wg] Protocol Action: 'Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) Cryptographic Authentication' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:12:28 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) Cryptographic 
   Authentication '
   <draft-ietf-isis-rfc3567bis-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-rfc3567bis-03.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes the authentication of Intermediate System to
   Intermediate System (IS-IS) Protocol Data Units (PDUs) using the
   Hashed Message Authentication Codes - Message Digest 5 (HMAC-MD5)
   algorithm as found in RFC 2104.  IS-IS is specified in International
   Standards Organization (ISO) 10589, with extensions to support
   Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) described in RFC 1195.  The base
   specification includes an authentication mechanism that allows for
   multiple authentication algorithms.  The base specification only
   specifies the algorithm for cleartext passwords.  This document
   replaces RFC 3567.

Working Group Summary

   This is one of a series of seven documents that were originally 
   published as informational for historic reasons, and are being
   updated to proposed standard. There is strong consensus in the 
   WG for this upgrade. 

Document Quality

   There are multiple implementations. I am not sure about deployment. 

Personnel

   Chris Hopps and Dave Ward have been jointly shepherding this 
   series of seven documents. Ross Callon is the responsible AD. 

RFC Editor Note

  The table in Section 5 (IANA considerations) the line that 
  begins "HMAC-MD5 Authentication", should reference this
  document (at least in the IANA's version of the table). 

IANA Note

  See RFC editor's note.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg