Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 5306 on Restart Signaling for IS-IS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:33:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5306

        Title:      Restart Signaling for IS-IS 
        Author:     M. Shand, L. Ginsberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 51234
        Obsoletes:  RFC3847

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-rfc3847bis-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5306.txt

This document describes a mechanism for a restarting router to signal
to its neighbors that it is restarting, allowing them to reestablish
their adjacencies without cycling through the down state, while still
correctly initiating database synchronization.

This document additionally describes a mechanism for a restarting
router to determine when it has achieved Link State Protocol Data
Unit (LSP) database synchronization with its neighbors and a
mechanism to optimize LSP database synchronization, while minimizing
transient routing disruption when a router starts.  This document
obsoletes RFC 3847.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg