Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 5304 on IS-IS Cryptographic Authentication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:32:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5304

        Title:      IS-IS Cryptographic Authentication 
        Author:     T. Li, R. Atkinson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 24131
        Obsoletes:  RFC3567
        Updates:    RFC1195

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-rfc3567bis-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5304.txt

This document describes the authentication of Intermediate System to
Intermediate System (IS-IS) Protocol Data Units (PDUs) using the
Hashed Message Authentication Codes - Message Digest 5 (HMAC-MD5)
algorithm as found in RFC 2104.  IS-IS is specified in International
Standards Organization (ISO) 10589, with extensions to support
Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) described in RFC 1195.  The base
specification includes an authentication mechanism that allows for
multiple authentication algorithms.  The base specification only
specifies the algorithm for cleartext passwords.  This document
replaces RFC 3567.

This document proposes an extension to that specification that allows
the use of the HMAC-MD5 authentication algorithm to be used in
conjunction with the existing authentication mechanisms.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg