Subject: [Isis-wg] FYI WG last call on draft-trill-rbridge-protocol-10.txt

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:40:21 -0800

Since TRILL uses IS-IS this is relevant to the ISIS WG.

    Erik

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [rbridge] WG last call on draft-trill-rbridge-protocol-10.txt
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 08:48:07 -0800
From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
To: Developing a hybrid router/bridge. <[email-masked]>

This message begins a working group last call on
draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-10.txt. Because of the size of the
document, it will run for three weeks until Wednesday, November 26th.

There are three issues in connection with this draft that you may wish
to note:
    1. A method of doing VLAN mapping was discussed on the working
group mailing list. This protocol draft is compatible with that method
which has been written up in
draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-vlan-mapping-00. This separate draft could
be considered for adoption as a working group draft and be progressed
separately or it could be considered as material to add to the
protocol draft, perhaps as an appendix.
    2. The protocol draft does incorporate a change in the
encapsulation of TRILL IS-IS frames (they are no longer encapsulated
but are always sent to a different multicast address) and a minor
change in the encapsulation of TRILL ESADI frames (they have a
different new inner multicast address). There was discussion of this
on the mailing list but sufficiently little that it was hard to gauge
working group opinion.
    3. There was discussion on the mailing list of alternatives for
distribution tree root selection and announcement but no changes along
these lines were made in the draft.

At least items 1 and 3 above are expected to be discussed at the
working group meeting in Minneapolis. Should those discussions result in
any changes to the base draft then we will separately last call those
changes.

Erik and Donald
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg