Subject: [Isis-wg] Minor comments on draft-ietf-isis-layer2-06.txt

From: mike shand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:15:11 +0100

Dave, Ayan,

Abstract.

Its not clear what the "extensions necessary to support
    multi-link IPv4 and IPv6 networks, " are and why they are mentioned 
here.

Also the abstract reads as if this document contains ALL the extensions 
required for layer 2, while in fact it only contains a minimjal common 
subset. This should probably be made clear in the abstract. Something 
like the second para of the overview.

The TLVs look OK to me. Just a few comments on the references.

10589 reference doesn't explicitly reference the 2nd edition

ISO/IEC 10589:2002, Second Edition, "Intermediate System to
          Intermediate System Intra-Domain Routing Exchange Protocol for
          use in Conjunction with the Protocol for Providing the
          Connectionless-mode Network Service (ISO 8473)", 2002.

RFCs 4971 and 5306 are listed as normative references, but don't appear 
to be referenced anywhere.

     Mike

-- 
For corporate legal information go to:
www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri

---

From: Ayan Banerjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 08:59:17 -0700

Mike,

Thanks for your comments. We were planning to post another revision of the
draft and will capture your comments in that.

Ayan

---

From: Ayan Banerjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 21:28:38 -0700

Mike, Donald,

I have posted a new version of the draft that addresses your comments.

Thanks,
Ayan

> to be referenced anywhere.

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-isis-layer2-07
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 21:23:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-isis-layer2-07.txt has been successfully submitted by Ayan Banerjee and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-isis-layer2
Revision:	 07
Title:		 Extensions to IS-IS for Layer-2 Systems
Creation_date:	 2010-09-26
WG ID:		 isis
Number_of_pages: 10

Abstract:
This document specifies the IS-IS extensions necessary to support
link state routing to any protocols running directly over layer 2.
While supporting this concept involves several pieces, this document
only describes extensions to IS-IS.  Furthermore, the TLVs described
in this document are generic layer 2 additions and specific ones as
needed are defined in the IS-IS technology specific extensions.  We
leave it to the systems using these IS-IS extensions to explain how
the information carried in IS-IS is used.

The IETF Secretariat.