Subject: [Isis-wg] draft-ietf-isis-ieee-aq-00.txt comments

From: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 22:56:33 -0700

In several places there are references to new sub-TLVs in TLV 222 (MT IS
Neighbor) - but TLV 22 is never mentioned. This differs from the
presentation in draft-ietf-isis-layer2-05 - the last version before the
different L2 technologies were split into separate documents and also
differs from current convention where all sub-TLVs that may appear in
TLV 22 may also appear in TLV 222. It also suggests that you are
intentionally ruling out the use of MTID #0 (legacy topology).

Is this deliberate or an oversight?

   Les

---

From: Peter Ashwood-Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 09:36:47 -0400

Thanks Les,

Screw up on my part. Intention is to also support 22 (and hence MTID#0) and
infact that's how the pre-standard stuff is actually deployed.

We will correct along with some of the other comments and tweaks required by
last IEEE meeting and last set of comments from this wg and update shortly.

Cheers,

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 1:57 AM
To: isis mailing list
Subject: [Isis-wg] draft-ietf-isis-ieee-aq-00.txt comments

   Les

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg