Subject: [Isis-wg] Status and progression of 3 layer-2 docs in ISIS WG

From: David Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:45:27 -0800

All -

With regards to the 3 draft suite of layer 2 technology in the ISIS WG, here is a statement on the process of further progression:

0) https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-layer2/  will be sent immediately to the ADs for review and then progression for publication (IETF and then IESG review)

1) https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-ieee-aq/ will be sent to ADs for review and then progression for publication after the authors send a note to the WG chairs by Nov 17th (final review of interop results)

2) https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-trill will be sent immediately to the ADs for review and then progression for publication with  a normative reference to a new TRILL WG document "draft-ietf-trill-adj."

3) The WG chairs of TRILL will notify the ISIS WG of new iterations of draft-ietf-trill-adj and LC. Draft-ietf-trill-adj will provide a state machine description of:

–Adjacency formation
–DRB (aka DIS) election
–Rules for two-way and MTU matching for advertisements
–Creation and use of pseudo-nodes

Thanks

-DWard,CHopps

---

From: Peter Ashwood-Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:41:08 -0500

Dave,

As per your note 1) below, the authors of draft-ietf-isis-ieee-aq have
submitted an update to the draft with a minor clarification that came out of
interopability tests and was also discussed at the last IEEE 802.1 meeting.

We would like to submit this for progression to publication.

Cheers,

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of David Ward
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:45 AM
To: isis mailing list
Subject: [Isis-wg] Status and progression of 3 layer-2 docs in ISIS WG

All -

With regards to the 3 draft suite of layer 2 technology in the ISIS WG, here
is a statement on the process of further progression:

0) https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-layer2/  will be sent
immediately to the ADs for review and then progression for publication (IETF
and then IESG review)

1) https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-ieee-aq/ will be sent to
ADs for review and then progression for publication after the authors send a
note to the WG chairs by Nov 17th (final review of interop results)

2) https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-trill will be sent
immediately to the ADs for review and then progression for publication with
a normative reference to a new TRILL WG document "draft-ietf-trill-adj."

3) The WG chairs of TRILL will notify the ISIS WG of new iterations of
draft-ietf-trill-adj and LC. Draft-ietf-trill-adj will provide a state
machine description of:

-Adjacency formation
-DRB (aka DIS) election
-Rules for two-way and MTU matching for advertisements
-Creation and use of pseudo-nodes

Thanks

-DWard,CHopps
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: David Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 13:06:18 -0800

Peter, et al -

Thanks for the note. I'll write up the necessary "paperwork" and push it along.

-DWard