Subject: [Isis-wg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-isis-genapp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Advertising Generic Information in IS-IS
	Author(s)       : L. Ginsberg, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-isis-genapp-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-11-10

This draft describes the manner in which generic application
information (i.e. information not directly related to the operation
of the IS-IS protocol) should be advertised in IS-IS LSPs and defines
guidelines which should be used when flooding such information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-genapp-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:15:45 -0800

Folks -

The updated version is a result of IESG review. Although none of the
changes altered the functionality, the edits were extensive enough that
it was felt another WG last call would be in order. Diffs between 04 and
03 can be found here:

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-isis-genapp-04

A summary of the changes:

1)Normative language removed from Abstract.

2)Acronyms defined on first usage

3)Discussion of when 0 instance can be used revised.

4)subTLV changed to sub-TLV

5)Nested sub-TLV discussion clarified.

6)Removed stipulation that IS-IS WG acts as authority for determining
applicability of GENINFO to specific information. This is now left to
the assigned expert.

7)Standardization Requirements have been clarified and changed to rely
on Expert Review (as defined in RFC 5226).

8)Security Section has been revised

9)isis-mi is now a normative reference

10)Discussion of the possible conversion of information currently
advertised in other TLVs to GENINFO has been removed. This was an
editorial comment and only served to raise questions. It is not needed
to describe the correct behavior of GENINFO which is what this document
is defining.

WG chairs - would appreciate an expedited WG last call.

Thanx.

   Les

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 11:00 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Isis-wg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-isis-genapp-04.txt
>