Subject: [Isis-wg] Protocol Action: 'IS-IS BFD Enabled TLV' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-isis-bfd-tlv-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 08:13:48 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IS-IS BFD Enabled TLV'
  (draft-ietf-isis-bfd-tlv-03.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-bfd-tlv/

Technical Summary

    This specification provides a solution for when there is an 
    IP forwarding failure as detected by BFD, but IS-IS control packets
    continue to be delivered and so the adjacency stays up. The original
    BFD specification allows for IGP adjacencies to form without paired
    BFD sessions to allow for mixed-use of BFD on a link. This
    specification adds a hello TLV that advertises BFD use so that 
    adjacency state to participating routers can depend on the state of 
    a paired BFD session.

Working Group Summary

    There consensus was strong for this specification.

Document Quality

    There are currently no implementations of this specification.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd for this document is David Ward
   ([email-masked])

   The Responsible Area Director is Stewart Bryant ([email-masked])