Subject: [Isis-wg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-isis-ieee-aq-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 16:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IS-IS Extensions Supporting IEEE 802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging
	Author(s)	: D. Fedyk, P. Ashwood-Smith, D. Allan, N. Bragg, P. Unbehagen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-isis-ieee-aq-04.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 2011-2-2
	
802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) is being standardized by the 
   IEEE as the next step in the evolution of the various spanning tree 
   and registration protocols. 802.1aq allows for true shortest path 
   forwarding in a mesh Ethernet network context utilizing multiple 
   equal cost paths. This permits it to support much larger layer 2 
   topologies, with faster convergence, and vastly improved use of the 
   mesh topology. Combined with this is single point provisioning for 
   logical connectivity membership, which includes point-to-point, 
   point-to-multi-point and multi-point-to-multipoint variations. This 
   memo documents the IS-IS changes required to support this IEEE 
   protocol and provides some context and examples.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-ieee-aq-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.