Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 6165 on Extensions to IS-IS for Layer-2 Systems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:25:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6165

        Title:      Extensions to IS-IS for Layer-2 
                    Systems 
        Author:     A. Banerjee, D. Ward
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 12266
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-layer2-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6165.txt

This document specifies the Intermediate System to Intermediate
System (IS-IS) extensions necessary to support link state routing for
any protocols running directly over Layer-2.  While supporting this
concept involves several pieces, this document only describes
extensions to IS-IS.  Furthermore, the Type, Length, Value pairs
(TLVs) described in this document are generic Layer-2 additions, and
specific ones as needed are defined in the IS-IS technology-specific
extensions.  We leave it to the systems using these IS-IS extensions
to explain how the information carried in IS-IS is used.  [STANDARDS-
TRACK]

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC