Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 6232 on Purge Originator Identification TLV for IS-IS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 18:18:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6232

        Title:      Purge Originator Identification TLV for 
                    IS-IS 
        Author:     F. Wei, Y. Qin,
                    Z. Li, T. Li,
                    J. Dong
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10234
        Updates:    RFC5301, RFC5304, RFC5310

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-purge-tlv-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6232.txt

At present, an IS-IS purge does not contain any information
identifying the Intermediate System (IS) that generates the purge.
This makes it difficult to locate the source IS.

To address this issue, this document defines a TLV to be added to
purges to record the system ID of the IS generating it.  Since normal
Link State Protocol Data Unit (LSP) flooding does not change LSP
contents, this TLV should propagate with the purge.

This document updates RFC 5301, RFC 5304, and RFC 5310.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC