Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 6326 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Use of IS-IS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:06:25 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6326

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL) Use of IS-IS 
        Author:     D. Eastlake, A. Banerjee,
                    D. Dutt, R. Perlman,
                    A. Ghanwani
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 51059
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-trill-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6326.txt

The IETF has standardized the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links
(TRILL) protocol, which provides transparent Layer 2 forwarding using
encapsulation with a hop count and IS-IS link state routing. This document
specifies the data formats and code points for the IS-IS extensions to
support TRILL.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC