Subject: [Isis-wg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-isis-reverse-metric-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 13:53:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IS-IS Reverse Metric TLV for Network Maintenance Events
	Author(s)       : Naiming Shen
                          Tony Li
                          Shane Amante
                          Mikael Abrahamsson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-isis-reverse-metric-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-07-15

Abstract:
   This document describes an improved IS-IS neighbor management scheme
   which can be used to enhance network performance by allowing
   operators to quickly and accurately shift traffic away from a point-
   to-point or multi-access LAN interface by allowing one IS-IS router
   to signal to a second, adjacent IS-IS neighbor to adjust its IS-IS
   metric that should be used to temporarily reach the first IS-IS
   router during network maintenance events.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-reverse-metric

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-isis-reverse-metric-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-isis-reverse-metric-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 07:31:07 +0000

In regards to Appendix A in the new version of the draft, it is suggested that the reverse metric TLV be used to address IGP-LDP synchronization issues. But these issues have been addressed by solutions discussed in RFC 5443 and RFC 6138. I do not see that the use of Reverse Metric TLV for the same purpose provides a solution which is in any way better than what has already been deployed in many environments.

I would like to see Appendix A removed.

   Les

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 1:53 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Isis-wg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-isis-reverse-metric-01.txt
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Isis-wg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg