Subject: [Isis-wg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-isis-mi-06.txt> (IS-IS Multi-Instance) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:06:24 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IS-IS for IP Internets WG (isis)
to consider the following document:
- 'IS-IS Multi-Instance'
  <draft-ietf-isis-mi-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-09-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft describes a mechanism that allows a single router to share
   one or more circuits among multiple Intermediate System To
   Intermediate System (IS-IS) routing protocol instances.

   Multiple instances allow the isolation of resources associated with
   each instance.  Routers will form instance specific adjacencies.
   Each instance can support multiple topologies.  Each topology has a
   unique Link State Database (LSDB).  Each Protocol Data Unit (PDU)
   will contain a new Type Length Value (TLV) identifying the instance
   and the topology(ies) to which the PDU belongs.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-mi/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-mi/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.