Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 6822 on IS-IS Multi-Instance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 17:31:15 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6822

        Title:      IS-IS Multi-Instance 
        Author:     S. Previdi, Ed.,
                    L. Ginsberg, M. Shand,
                    A. Roy, D. Ward
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30254
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-mi-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6822.txt

This document describes a mechanism that allows a single router to
share one or more circuits among multiple Intermediate System to
Intermediate System (IS-IS) routing protocol instances.

Multiple instances allow the isolation of resources associated with
each instance.  Routers will form instance-specific adjacencies.
Each instance can support multiple topologies.  Each topology has a
unique Link State Database (LSDB).  Each Protocol Data Unit (PDU)
will contain a new Type-Length-Value (TLV) identifying the instance
and the topology (or topologies) to which the PDU belongs.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC