Subject: [Isis-wg] Small but perfectly formed (draft-shand-rfc1142-to-historic)

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 16:27:56 +0100

Hi,

Sorry I hadn't read this before the meeting.

Fortunately it is really short, so I just read it.

It looks fine.
I would repeat the text of the Abstract as the final paragraph of Section 1.
You can take this as a working group last call comment if you want to move ahead
real fast.

I will need to check with the RFC Editor whether it is OK for this document to
be classed as Informational (1142 predates the streams we have today). You do
not need to worry about this point until we get to IETF last call.

For the record, the effect of this becoming an RFC would be...

The record of RFC 1142 in the RFC Editor and IETF databases would be tagged
"Historic. Obsoleted by RFC xxxx"
This document would be published with header data saying "Obsoletes RFC 1142"
The record of the new RFC in the RFC Editor and IETF databases would be tagged
"Obsoletes RFC 1142"

The actual copy of RFC 1142 in the databases would NOT be updated (as, of
course, would be the case for RFCs that people have already downloaded). This
point remains a bone of contention with the RFC Editor, but we can't do much
about it within the working group.

Thanks for the work. House-keeping is rare and valuable.

Adrian

---

From: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 16:46:28 +0000

Adrian -

Thanx for the quick review. I have made the change you suggested and submitted the initial WG version of the document. Once submission is approved by the WG chairs I request that we immediately start a WG last call.

   Les

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Adrian Farrel
> Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 8:28 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Isis-wg] Small but perfectly formed (draft-shand-rfc1142-to-
> historic)
> 
> Hi,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Isis-wg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg