Subject: [Isis-wg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-isis-fs-lsp-01.txt> (IS-IS Flooding Scope LSPs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 15:45:03 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IS-IS for IP Internets WG (isis)
to consider the following document:
- 'IS-IS Flooding Scope LSPs'
  <draft-ietf-isis-fs-lsp-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Intermediate System To Intermediate System (IS-IS) provides efficient
   and reliable flooding of information to its peers.  However the
   current flooding scopes are limited to either area wide scope or
   domain wide scope.  There are existing use cases where support of
   other flooding scopes are desirable.  This document defines new
   Protocol Data Units (PDUs) which provide support for new flooding
   scopes as well as additional space for advertising information
   targeted for the currently supported flooding scopes.  This document
   also defines extended TLVs and sub-TLVs which are encoded using 16
   bit fields for type and length.

   The protocol extensions defined in this document are not backwards
   compatible with existing implementations and so must be deployed with
   care.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-fs-lsp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-fs-lsp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.