Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 7176 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Use of IS-IS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 23:16:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7176

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL) Use of IS-IS 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd, T. Senevirathne,
                    A. Ghanwani, D. Dutt,
                    A. Banerjee
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      45
        Characters: 98059
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6326

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-rfc6326bis-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7176.txt

The IETF Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL)
protocol provides optimal pair-wise data frame forwarding without
configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topology and link
technology; it also provides support for multipathing of both unicast and
multicast traffic.  This document specifies the data formats and code
points for the IS-IS extensions to support TRILL.  These data formats
and code points may also be used by technologies other than TRILL.
This document obsoletes RFC 6326.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC