Subject: [Isis-wg] [Errata Verified] RFC5302 (3994)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 11:02:58 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC5302,
"Domain-Wide Prefix Distribution with Two-Level IS-IS". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5302&eid=3994

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Amit Kalita <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-05-20
Verified by: Alia Atlas (IESG)

Section: 3.1

Original Text
-------------
L2->L1 inter-area external routes with external metric:  These are
      advertised in L1 LSPs, in TLV 130.  The up/down bit is set to one,
      metric-type is external metric.  These IP prefixes are learned via
      L2 routing, and were derived during the L1 SPF computation from
      prefixes advertised in L2 LSPs in TLV 130 with external metrics.

Corrected Text
--------------
L2->L1 inter-area external routes with external metric:  These are
      advertised in L1 LSPs, in TLV 130.  The up/down bit is set to one,
      metric-type is external metric.  These IP prefixes are learned via
      L2 routing, and were derived during the L2 SPF computation from
      prefixes advertised in L2 LSPs in TLV 130 with external metrics.

Notes
-----
The following part has been corrected:

"These IP prefixes are learned via
      L2 routing, and were derived during the L1 (should be L2) SPF computation from
      prefixes advertised in L2 LSPs in TLV 130 with external metrics."

The IP prefixes which are learned via L2 routing were derived during L2 SPF computation instead of L1 SPF computation from prefixes advertised in L2 LSPs. As these prefixes were originally advertised in L2 area hence the SPF for these prefixes should  run on the L2 LSPs and eventually the prefixes derived through L2 LSP should be leaked into L1 area.

--------------------------------------
RFC5302 (draft-ietf-isis-rfc2966bis-03)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Domain-Wide Prefix Distribution with Two-Level IS-IS
Publication Date    : October 2008
Author(s)           : T. Li, H. Smit, T. Przygienda
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : IS-IS for IP Internets
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG