Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 7356 on IS-IS Flooding Scope Link State PDUs (LSPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 17:28:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7356

        Title:      IS-IS Flooding Scope Link State PDUs (LSPs) 
        Author:     L. Ginsberg,
                    S. Previdi,
                    Y. Yang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 46089
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-fs-lsp-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7356.txt

Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) provides efficient
and reliable flooding of information to its peers; however, the
current flooding scopes are limited to either area scope or domain
scope.  There are existing use cases where support of other flooding
scopes is desirable.  This document defines new Protocol Data Units
(PDUs) that provide support for new flooding scopes as well as
additional space for advertising information targeted for the
currently supported flooding scopes.  This document also defines
extended Type-Length-Values (TLVs) and sub-TLVs that are encoded
using 16-bit fields for Type and Length.

The protocol extensions defined in this document are not backwards
compatible with existing implementations and so must be deployed with
care.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC