Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-extended-sequence-no-tlv-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 10:23:17 -0400

> -- Section 5, 2nd paragraph: "The implementation SHOULD also allow
>    operators to control the configuration of 'send' and/or 'verify' the
>    feature of IS-IS PDUs for the links and for the node."
>
> I don't understand the sentence

I think "of 'send' and/or 'verify' the feature" is supposed to be "of
the 'send' and/or 'verify' feature".  The "the" is misplaced.

Barry

---

From: Uma Chunduri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 16:03:48 +0000

In-line [Uma]:

--
Uma C.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Campbell [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 7:31 AM
To: Barry Leiba
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; The IESG; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-extended-sequence-no-tlv-05: (with COMMENT)

> the 'send' and/or 'verify' feature".  The "the" is misplaced.

That move would make it parse better. I assume it's just a typo or cut/paste error.

[Uma]: Sorry for not getting back on this quickly. Thank you Barry for your correction. 
Ben, I shall update the document and also take care of your other comments. Thx!

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:02:27 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-isis-extended-sequence-no-tlv-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-extended-sequence-no-tlv/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Section 5, third paragraph:

Can you offer any guidance on timeliness? At least an order of
magnitude?
.
Nits:

-- Please expand IS-IS on first mention in the body, even though you
already did in the abstract.

-- Section 5, 2nd paragraph: "The implementation SHOULD also allow
   operators to control the configuration of ’send’ and/or ’verify’ the
   feature of IS-IS PDUs for the links and for the node."

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 09:30:36 -0500

> the 'send' and/or 'verify' feature".  The "the" is misplaced.

That move would make it parse better. I assume it's just a typo or 
cut/paste error.