Subject: [Isis-wg] FW: [i2rs] I2RS requirements for IGP protocols

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:37:31 -0400

The I2RS WG is passing its requirements for I2RS protocol's to NETCONF.
These requirements include  ephemeral state, pub/sub, traceability,
authentication of I2rs client/agent, security and transport requirements.
As part of that work, we would like to confirm that the following things are
useful for the I2RS protocol to support.

.         IGP-REQ01: Track system-id used in ISIS instances and IS neighbors
on ISIS adjacencies  

.         IGP-REQ02: Allow ephemeral (temporary) configuration changes to
ISIS 

.         IGP-REQ03: Allow ephemeral configuration to fast-reroute in ISIS 

.         IGP-REQ04: Allow ephemeral load balancing configuration changes to
ISIS flows 

.         IGP-REQ05/REQ07: I2RS subscription (pub/sub) to ISIS notification
via I2RS  for interface, neighbor, database, and prefix 

.         IGP-REQ06: Subscription (pub/sub) or query of ISIS configuration
and dynamic statistics via I2RS (interface, neighbor, database) 

.         IGP-REQ08: Subscription (pub/sub) or query of  ISIS protocol
statistics 

The number IGP-REQxx refers to the numbering used in
draft-ietf-i2rs-usecase-reqs-summary-01
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-usecase-reqs-summary/> .
Please let me know if these I2RS features ISIS changes that can help manage
short-term changes to ISIS topology for DDoS, changes to exits, or on-demand
bandwidth paths. 

How much yang model additions will these I2RS additions cost? 

All I2RS requirements can be implemented an ephemeral copy of the ISIS yang
module augmented by: a) 5+ notifications and b) I2RS L3 Topology model which
reads in the IGP data from ISIS. 

Thank you for your help. 

Sue Hares  

I2RS co-chair