Subject: [Isis-wg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-isis-route-preference-01.txt> (IS-IS Route Preference for Extended IP and IPv6 Reachability) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 09:01:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IS-IS for IP Internets WG (isis)
to consider the following document:
- 'IS-IS Route Preference for Extended IP and IPv6 Reachability'
  <draft-ietf-isis-route-preference-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-10-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Existing specifications as regards route preference are not explicit
   when applied to IPv4/IPv6 Extended Reachability Type/Length/Value
   (TLVs).  There are also inconsistencies in the definition of how the
   up/down bit applies to route preference when the prefix advertisement
   appears in Level 2 Link State Protocol Data Units (LSPs).  This
   document addresses these issues.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-route-preference/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-route-preference/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.