Subject: [Isis-wg] Jari Arkko's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-route-preference-02: (with COMMENT)

From: "Jari Arkko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 03:00:07 -0800

Jari Arkko has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-isis-route-preference-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-route-preference/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

A question about what the reference to transition means was raised in
Robert Sparks' Gen-ART review. Robert’s question was good, and Les'
answer was spot on.

What I’m wondering is whether it would be useful to add something to the
document about your answer, Les? Or at the very least, a reference to
Appendix A from Section 2. And if you add something about transition
mechanisms, it could simply be “… transition mechanisms (such as
configuration setting) …”.