Subject: [Isis-wg] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-pcr-04: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 00:52:39 -0800

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-isis-pcr-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-pcr/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to ask to discuss this:

   The lowercase forms with an initial capital "Must", "Must Not",
   "Shall", "Shall Not", "Should", "Should Not", "May", and "Optional"
   in this document are to be interpreted in the sense defined in
   [RFC2119], but are used where the normative behavior is defined in
   documents published by SDOs other than the IETF.

...because I think this is a too-subtle distinction that would be
confusing to many readers.  But you don't appear to actually have any
such terms in the document.  Please remove that paragraph.

---

From: János Farkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 16:04:26 +0100

Hi Barry,

You are right. We will remove the given paragraph.

Thanks and regards,
Janos