Subject: [Isis-wg] Protocol Action: 'IS-IS Path Computation and Reservation' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-isis-pcr-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 11:08:32 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IS-IS Path Computation and Reservation'
  (draft-ietf-isis-pcr-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-pcr/

Technical Summary

      This is a liason document coming from the IEEE 802.1Qca Path Control
      and Reservation (PCR) STO group. PCR specifies explicit path control
      via IS-IS in Layer 2 networks in order to move beyond the shortest path
      capabilities provided by IEEE 802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging (SPB).
      IS-IS PCR provides capabilities for the establishment and control
      of explicit forwarding trees in a Layer 2 network domain.

Working Group Summary

      All that IEEE PCR need is codepoints for their protocol extension.
      Since ISIS-wg is now the sole gatekepeer for IS-IS codepoints,
      we have asked the PCR group to come up with a short draft how
      these code points are used.

      There has not been much controversy around extending IS-IS
      in support of Layer-2 explicit trees.

Document Quality

      This document has been a WG document for more than 6 months.
      It is stable, without changes to the technical solution for more
      than 6 months. 

Personnel

      Hannes Gredler is the Document Shepherd.
      Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

 Please allocate as soon as possible the RFC number.  There is an IEEE 
 document dependent on a reference and it is held back only until 
 February. 
 Thanks!