Subject: [Isis-wg] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-node-admin-tag-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 16:01:05 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-isis-node-admin-tag-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-node-admin-tag/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a couple of nits:

- 4.1, last paragraph: "Each tag SHOULD be treated as an independent
identifier that MAY be
   used in policy to perform a policy action."

I think the MAY may be spurious. It seems to be a statement of fact about
the tag, rather than an implementation choice. (But this is a borderline
case of spuriousness).

- 8: In addition to Alvaro and Alissa's comments, remember that RFCs live
forever. Statements that other work needs to happen will (hopefully)
become dated. Some qualifier like "At the time of this writing..." can
help.

---

From: Pushpasis Sarkar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 10:03:43 +0530

Hi Ben and Alvaro,

> become dated. Some qualifier like "At the time of this writing..." can
I am planning to address your comments on the above issue with the 
following text. Let me know if that looks fine to you..

"8.  Manageability Considerations

    Node administrative tags are configured and managed using routing
    policy enhancements.  YANG [RFC6020] is a data modeling language used
    to specify configuration data models.  The IS-IS YANG data model is
    described in [I-D.ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg] and the routing policy
    configuration model is described in [I-D.ietf-rtgwg-policy-model].
    At the time of writing this document, some work to enhance these two
    documents, to include the node administrative tag related
    configurations, is already in progress, or shall be taken up soon.

"

Thanks and Regards,
-Pushpasis

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2016 00:28:55 -0500

That works for me.

Thanks,

Ben.

---

From: Pushpasis Sarkar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 09:00:07 +0530

Hi Ben,

I have uploaded version-11 addressing all the comments below. Please let 
me know if you have any more comments.

Thanks and Regards,

-Pushpasis