Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 7810 on IS-IS Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 17:01:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7810

        Title:      IS-IS Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric 
                    Extensions 
        Author:     S. Previdi, Ed., S. Giacalone, D. Ward,
                    J. Drake, Q. Wu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 37563
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-te-metric-extensions-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7810

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7810

In certain networks, such as, but not limited to, financial
information networks (e.g., stock market data providers), network-
performance criteria (e.g., latency) are becoming as critical to
data-path selection as other metrics.

This document describes extensions to IS-IS Traffic Engineering
Extensions (RFC 5305) such that network-performance information can
be distributed and collected in a scalable fashion.  The information
distributed using IS-IS TE Metric Extensions can then be used to make
path-selection decisions based on network performance.

Note that this document only covers the mechanisms with which
network-performance information is distributed.  The mechanisms for
measuring network performance or acting on that information, once
distributed, are outside the scope of this document.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC