Subject: [Isis-wg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-isis-remaining-lifetime-01.txt> (IS-IS Minimum Remaining Lifetime) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2016 08:39:27 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IS-IS for IP Internets WG (isis)
to consider the following document:
- 'IS-IS Minimum Remaining Lifetime'
  <draft-ietf-isis-remaining-lifetime-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Corruption of the Remainining Lifetime Field in a Link State PDU can
   go undetected.  In certain scenarios this may cause or exacerbate
   flooding storms.  It is also a possible denial of service attack
   vector.  This document defines a backwards compatible solution to
   this problem.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-remaining-lifetime/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-remaining-lifetime/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.