Subject: [Isis-wg] Protocol Action: 'IS-IS Extensions for Advertising Router Info' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-isis-rfc4971bis-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 08:32:44 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IS-IS Extensions for Advertising Router Info'
  (draft-ietf-isis-rfc4971bis-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-rfc4971bis/

Technical Summary

This document updates RFC4971 and clarifies the Router ID sub-TLV content as
well as defines a use for the previously reserved 0.0.0.0 value. This is to
allow for IPv6 only deployments.

Working Group Summary

   The consensus was strong.

Document Quality

There are multiple implementations of these changes.

Personnel

Shepherd: Christian Hopps
AD: Alia Atlas