Subject: [Isis-wg] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-mi-bis-02: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 13:47:41 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-isis-mi-bis-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-mi-bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Considerations: Have people thought about whether multiple
protocol instances changes anything? If so, please consider documenting
those thoughts here.

---

From: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 20:54:06 +0000

Ben -

Thanx for the review.

Multiple instances of the protocol are not new. What is new is running multiple instances on the same interface.
We do not think this introduces any new security issues - which is why the Security section simple references the existing security related specs for the protocol.

Also note this is a revision to RFC 6822 (changes documented in the Appendix). The Security section was deemed acceptable for RFC 6822 and we have not changed it (quite deliberately).

   Les

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ben Campbell [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:48 PM
> To: The IESG
> Cc: [email-masked]; Christian Hopps; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-mi-bis-02: (with
> COMMENT)
> 
> When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email
> addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory
> paragraph, however.)
> 
>

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 21:31:53 -0500

On 12 Apr 2017, at 15:54, Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) wrote:

> Ben -
>
> Thanx for the review.
>
> Multiple instances of the protocol are not new. What is new is running 
> multiple instances on the same interface.

That's what I meant :-)

> We do not think this introduces any new security issues - which is why 
> the Security section simple references the existing security related 
> specs for the protocol.
>
> Also note this is a revision to RFC 6822 (changes documented in the 
> Appendix). The Security section was deemed acceptable for RFC 6822 and 
> we have not changed it (quite deliberately).

Ah, okay.

>> email
>> Please refer to 
>> https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html