Subject: [Isis-wg] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 11:33:11 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some editorial comments:

page 3:
> It SHOULD not be changed due to device status change (such as
interface > enable/disable, interface plug in/off, device reboot,
firmware update etc.)

The term “due to” is confusing. It might be change to “It SHOULD not
be changed until the device status change”  or “It SHOULD not be
changed as the device status change” according to the meaning.

Page 8 
> As specified in this document, there are two distinguisher need to
be > self-generated, which is System ID and Router-Fingerprint.  

s/which is/which are

Page 9
>  In a network device, normally there are resources which provide an
> extremely high probability of uniqueness thus could be used as seeds
to > derive distinguisher (e.g. hashing or generating pseudo-random
numbers), > such as:

Suggest to split the sentence to make it more readable.