Subject: [Isis-wg] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 07:14:59 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Small comment:

section 3.4.2.: "Routers operating in auto-configuration mode MUST NOT
form
   adjacencies with routers which are NOT operating in auto-configuration
mode."

It's not fully clear to me which actions will follow in this case...
abort start-up/configuration and log an error?

---

From: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 15:04:49 +0000

Mirja -

Thanx for the review.
Inline.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Isis-wg [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mirja
> Kühlewind
> Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:15 AM
> To: The IESG
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [Isis-wg] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-auto-
> conf-04: (with COMMENT)
> 
> When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email
> addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory
> paragraph, however.)
> 
> 
[Les:] The next sentence in the same paragraph states:

"The presence of the Router Fingerprint TLV with
   the A bit set indicates the router is operating in auto-configuration
   mode."

So we detect whether the neighbor is operating in auto-config or not and decide whether to form an adjacency with that neighbor. There is no further action required.

   Les

> 
> _______________________________________________
> Isis-wg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg