Subject: [Isis-wg] Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 19:40:54 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Section 3.3.

The TLV format seems to be off. Why does there seem to be a two octet gap
between the Type and Length fields and the Flags field. I think the flag
field needs to be pulled forward to bit 16 and the Router fingerprint to
bit 24. 

Also agree with Alvaro's comments.