Subject: [Isis-wg] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-l2bundles-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 14:02:17 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-isis-l2bundles-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-l2bundles/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I support the various DISCUSS points concerning the security
considerations.

I note that the remaining authors have made their IPR statements, so that
discussion is moot.

I share some of the discomfort concerning the shepherd report. I'm
willing to accept that the shepherd is in the rough, but it would be nice
to have stronger evidence of that, perhaps in the form of an opinion from
the other chair. To quote a wise area director: I leave it to the
responsible AD to do the right thing, whatever that might be.

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 17:08:10 -0400

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-l2bundles/

Ben,

Thanks.    The formal minutes from IETF 98 on IS-IS include:

"- Intro, Adminastriva, Document Status - Chris Hopps (See slides)
    Alia Atlas: Some discussions surrounding using
                 IS-IS for link-bundles.
     Chris Hopps: Draft has been WG document for months and
            months. Why are there questions now?
     Alia: Requires further discussion. Need to notify
           RTG WG and OSPF WG.
     Les: What is the progression of this document. Past
          WG last call since June. What is timeline?
     Alia: Wasn't completely aware of timeline and will
           do another AD review. Assuming no major concerns
           during IETF last call it could go to IESG telechat
           in May.
     Peter Lothberg: This is holding up required IS-IS protocol
           deployment.
"

This is a cleaned up version of what I recall being said - which included
Chris
Hopps, the other ISIS WG Chair, clearly stating that the draft had WG
consensus.
I regret that that wasn't captured in the formal minutes, but it should be
at the start
of the recording.

Regards,
Alia