Subject: [Isis-wg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-isis-l2bundles-04.txt> (Advertising L2 Bundle Member Link Attributes in IS-IS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 10:52:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IS-IS for IP Internets WG (isis)
to consider the following document:
- 'Advertising L2 Bundle Member Link Attributes in IS-IS'
  <draft-ietf-isis-l2bundles-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-05-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   There are deployments where the Layer 3 interface on which IS-IS
   operates is a Layer 2 interface bundle.  Existing IS-IS
   advertisements only support advertising link attributes of the Layer
   3 interface.  If entities external to IS-IS wish to control traffic
   flows on the individual physical links which comprise the Layer 2
   interface bundle link attribute information about the bundle members
   is required.

   This document introduces the ability for IS-IS to advertise the link
   attributes of layer 2 (L2) bundle members.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-l2bundles/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-l2bundles/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2793/