Subject: [Isis-wg] Protocol Action: 'ISIS Auto-Configuration' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2017 13:43:44 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'ISIS Auto-Configuration'
  (draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf/

Technical Summary

This document specifies IS-IS auto-configuration mechanisms.  The key
components are IS-IS System ID self-generation, duplication detection
and duplication resolution.  These mechanisms provide limited IS-IS
functions, and so are suitable for networks where plug-and-play
configuration is expected.

Working Group Summary

Not much controversy. Throwing in ideas which the authors graciously did pick up.

Document Quality

There are two independent implementations.
Not much interest from the main-stream router vendors.
perhaps a question to IESG why do we as IETF not endorse more zero-conf work ?

Personnel

  Hannes Gredler is the Document Shepherd
  Alia Atlas is the Routing-AD