Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-isis-wg-snp-checksum-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 10:00:52 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Optional Checksums in ISIS
	Author(s)	: A. Przygienda
	Filename	: draft-ietf-isis-wg-snp-checksum-00.txt
	Pages		: 3
	Date		: 24-Nov-98
	
   This draft describes an optional extension to IS-IS [ISO90, Cal90a,
   Cal90b], used today by several ISPs for routing within their clouds.
   IS-IS is an interior gateway routing protocol developed originally
   by OSI and used with IP extensions as IGP. IS-IS originally doesn't
   provide CSNP adn PSNP checksums, relying on the underlying layers
   to verify the integrity of information provided.  Experience with
   the protocol shows that this precondition does not always hold and
   scenarios can be imagined that impact protocol functionality.  This
   document introduces a new optional TLV providing checksums.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-isis-wg-snp-checksum-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-wg-snp-checksum-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-wg-snp-checksum-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.