Subject: TLV code point proposal

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 22:14:42 GMT

Folks,

I would like to propose that we use TLV code point 137 for the system name
TLV that Naiming Shen presented at IETF.  Any objections?

Note that official blessing needs to come from the ITU, but by polling this
audience, we hope to avoid collisions in the meantime.

Thanks,
Tony

---

From: Mike Shand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:41:16 +0000

>audience, we hope to avoid collisions in the meantime.

But ISO/IEC 10589 is owned by ISO, not ITU.  To my knowledge it does not
even have an equivalent in ITU.
So ISO/IEC  JTC1/SC6/WG7 are the folks that have to assign/adopt the code
point. That shouldn't be a problem though.

	Mike

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:51:31 GMT

|  >Note that official blessing needs to come from the ITU, but by polling this
|  >audience, we hope to avoid collisions in the meantime.
|  
|  But ISO/IEC 10589 is owned by ISO, not ITU.  To my knowledge it does not
|  even have an equivalent in ITU.
|  So ISO/IEC  JTC1/SC6/WG7 are the folks that have to assign/adopt the code
|  point. That shouldn't be a problem though.

Of course.

Please pardon my typo.

Tony