Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-isis-hmac-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:00:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IS-IS HMAC-MD5 Authentication
	Author(s)	: T. Li
	Filename	: draft-ietf-isis-hmac-00.txt
	Pages		: 3
	Date		: 07-Jan-99
	
   This document describes the authentication of IS-IS PDUs using the
   HMAC-MD5 algorithm [1].  IS-IS is specified in [2], with extensions
   to support IPv4 described in [3].  The base specification includes an
   authentication mechanism that allows for multiple authentication
   algorithms.  The base specification only specifies the algorithm for
   cleartext passwords.
 
   This document proposes an extension to that specification that allows
   the use of the HMAC-MD5 authentication algorithm to be used in
   conjunction with the existing authentication mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-hmac-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-isis-hmac-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-hmac-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.