Subject: spec 10589 question

From: "R.Murali" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 18:14:50 EDT

In ISIS spec 10589 (revised on 1998-6-16), I have following questions in 
section 8.2.5.2, point-to-point IIH PDU processing:
1. If the action is "UP" (bullet c), then why is circuit ID status 
calculated each time? I do not see any use of this calculation anywhere.
2. Each time the neighborSystemID is set to the value of the Source ID field 
from the PDU (bullet d). If this value changes, then why is there no action 
associated with it? In my opinion, if the neighbor source id changes, a new 
LSP must be generated.

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Thanks,
Murali

_______________________________________________________________
Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com

---

From: "Lester Ginsberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:31:01 -0700 (PDT)

You have not missed anything. The text in the proposed second edition
draft to which you refer is in error in this section. This has been
pointed out in the review of the second edition draft which is
available at

ftp://ftp.juniper.net/pub/isis/isis_review.02.txt
ftp://ftp.juniper.net/pub/isis/isis_review.02.doc

After examining the above review, if you feel that something has been
overlooked please let me know.

  Les