From: [email-masked]

th Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.5.1877.117.11);
	 Tue, 8 Jun 1999 10:28:27 -0400
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-isis-wg-255adj-01.txt
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 09:31:42 -0400
Sender: [email-masked]

- --NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IE
TF.

	Title		: Maintaining more than 255 adjacencies in IS-IS
	Author(s)	: A. Przygienda
	Filename	: draft-ietf-isis-wg-255adj-01.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 07-Jun-99
	
This draft describes an optional implementation technique within
IS-IS [ISO90, Cal90a, Cal90b] used today by several ISPs for routing
within their clouds.  IS-IS is an interior gateway routing protocol
developed originally by OSI and used with IP extensions as IGP.
This draft describes how to effectively bypass the problem of 255
circuits that IS-IS allows to maintain with minor violations of the
specification that however does not prevent interoperability with
existing implementations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-wg-255adj-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-isis-wg-255adj-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-wg-255adj-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

- --NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-wg-255adj-01.txt

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-ietf-isis-wg-255adj-01.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

- --OtherAccess--

- --NextPart--

------- End of Forwarded Message