Subject: Re: spec 10589 question

From: "R.Murali" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 11:05:19 EDT

>The distinction between "Up" and "Accept" has to do with whether an
>adjacency currently exists or not. The requirements differ in these
>cases, although there is some overlap. Section "c" discusses what to
>do if the action is "Up". The missing section "d" from the first
>edition discusses what to do if the action is "accept".

Are you saying that I do not need to calculate circuitID status if the 
action is "Accept"? ( because in the spec, circuitID staus is calculated 
only if the action is "UP"). This does not sound right to me because missing 
section d) compares the computed circuitID.

Thanks,
Murali

_______________________________________________________________
Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com

---

From: "Lester Ginsberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 08:28:40 -0700 (PDT)

> section d) compares the computed circuitID.

No. The 1992 spec (8.2.4.2d) states

   "If the action taken is "Accept" and the new value computed
    for the CircuitID is different from that in the existing
    adjacency..."

This clearly requires that the CircuitID status be computed - though I 
think the text of this section might be revised to more clearly
reflect the fact that the same computation must be done in both the UP 
and ACCEPT cases.

This rewording is an issue that can be addressed in the work on the second
edition draft.

  Les