

ith ESMTP id OAA02553 for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 11 Jun 1999 14:23:00 -040
0 (EDT)
X-Authentication-Warning: bobo.ny.ans.net: jkaplan owned process doing -bs
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 14:23:00 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jed Kaplan <[email-masked]>
X-Sender: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Extended Ethernet Frame Size Support
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII

A new ISIS draft (draft-kaplan-isis-ext-eth-00.txt) by O'Dell, Kaplan,
Hayes, Schroeder, Singh, and Hsu entitled: "Extended Ethernet Frame Size
Support" has been submitted to the IETF.

The abstract is shown below:

        This document presents an extension to the current Ethernet Frame
        standards to support payloads greater than 1500 Bytes for
	Ethernet_II and 802.3 frames. This is useful for Gigabit Ethernet
        technology, providing a means to carry large MTU packets without
        fragmentation over a high-speed broadcast network.

This drafts obsoletes two recently submitted drafts (5/21/99) by the
same authors:

	draft-kaplan-isis-ext-eth-ip-clns-1-00.txt,
	draft-kaplan-isis-ext-eth-ip-clns-2-00.txt

Jed Kaplan
[email-masked]  

------- End of Forwarded Message