Subject: [Isis-wg] isis mib question

From: "He, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:57:56 -0500

The isis mib states that isisSysTable contains a set of instances of
integrated isis on the system. 

Q1: Does it include all routers in all isis areas or just instances in one
area? How is isisSysInstance 
numbered? it it unique domain-wide?

The mib also states that isisCircTable contains one entry for each broadcast
or point-to-point interface on the system.

Q2: The circuit table contains all interfaces of all the routers in the
whole isis domain? Is this table
too big???

Thanks.

James he ([email-masked])

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 16:05:50 -0500

> numbered? it it unique domain-wide?

Read "System" as "IS" (or "Router"), not as "Network".

This is the instances of ISIS you are running on this box.
For many folks, there is only one instance.  

> James he ([email-masked])

Again, just the circuits on this box.