Subject: [Isis-wg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-isis-wg-multi-topology-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: 28 Feb 2001 05:42:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: M-ISIS: Multi Topology Routing in IS-IS
	Author(s)	: T. Przygienda et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-isis-wg-multi-topology-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 27-Feb-01
	
This draft describes an optional implementation technique within
IS-IS [ISO90 , Cal90a , Cal90b] used today by many ISPs for
routing within their clouds.  IS-IS is an interior gateway routing
protocol developed originally by OSI and used with IP extensions as
IGP. This draft describes how to run within a single ISIS domain a
set of independent IP topologies that we call Multi-Topologies
(MTs), or Multiple views of Topology.  This MT extension can be used
for variety of purposes such as an in-band management network
on top' of the original IGP topology, transport multiple
overlapping IP address spaces in the same protocol, force a subset
of an address space to follow a different topology, or finally,
even maintain a restricted number of protocol based VPNs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-wg-multi-topology-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-isis-wg-multi-topology-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-wg-multi-topology-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.