Subject: [Isis-wg] Regarding Area address option in non-pseudo LSPs

From: "Amudhavalli Narayanan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 15:26:28 +0530

Hi,

In section 7.3.5 of ISIS standard it is staes that:

The Level 1 Link State PDU not generated on behalf of a pseudonode
contains the following information in its variable length fields.
- In the Area Addresses option – the set of manualAreaAd-dresses
for this Intermediate System.

In section 9.7 it states that:
For non-pseudonode LSPs this option (Area addresses) shall always be pre-
sent in the LSP with LSP number zero, and shall never be present in an LSP
with non-zero LSP number. This option
shall never be present in pseudonode LSPs.

Aren't these statements contradictory or is my understanding wrong? Can
anyone please help me out?

Thanks and Regards,
Amudha

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Henk Smit <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 07:06:48 -0700 (PDT)

> The Level 1 Link State PDU not generated on behalf of a pseudonode

  "L1 LSP *not* generated on behalf of a pseudonode".
 So this is clearly about "non-pseudonode LSPs".

> for this Intermediate System.

  Point made is "non-pseudonode LSPs can hold area-addresses"

> with non-zero LSP number.

  Clearly about "non-pseudonode LSPs".
 Point made is "non-pseudonode LSPs can hold area-addresses"

> This option shall never be present in pseudonode LSPs.

  Clearly about "pseudonode LSPs".
 Point made is "pseudonode LSPs can *not* hold area-addresses"

> anyone please help me out?

  Mmmm, I see no contradiction ?

             henk.