Subject: [Isis-wg] ISIS over tunnel

From: "R Selvaraj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 02:17:52 -0700

Hi,
It will be helpful if any of u could let me know any Standards/RFC/Drafts for ISIS over tunnel. I think some ISIS implementation sends PPP IIH over tunnel. So, shall ISIS over tunnel be considered same as ISIS over PPP. Or do have any special consideration ?
Pls let me know.

Thanks,
Selva. 

------------------------------------------------------------
WWW.COM - Where the Web Begins! http://www.www.com
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: "Christian E . Hopps" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 20:15:15 -0400

> It will be helpful if any of u could let me know any Standards/RFC/Drafts for ISIS over tunnel. I think some ISIS implementation sends PPP IIH over tunnel. So, shall ISIS over tunnel be considered…

You can use EON (ISO in IP) tunnels.  I'm not sure if they are standardized
anywhere, but I modified NetBSD's gif tunnels to support EON encapsulation
if you want a code reference.  The code interoperates with at least one
popular (:) router vendor.

Chris.