Subject: [Isis-wg] Reachability information passing

From: "Purushothaman NandaKumaran" <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 May 2001 12:42:40 -0000

Hi,
I have some doubts regarding the following:
1) Whether the internal reachability information in the Level 2 LSP
(about level 2 subdomain)can be passed on to the level 1 
area through level1 LSP's?

2) Whether the external reachability information (e.g learnt thru BGP)
can be passed to the routers in level 1 area thru level 1 LSP's?

Please clarify my doubts
Thanks and Regards,
Purush

_____________________________________________________
Chat with your friends as soon as they come online. Get Rediff Bol at
http://bol.rediff.com

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Henk Smit <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 11:18:09 -0700 (PDT)

> area through level1 LSP's?

  In the original ISIS for IP specification (RFC 1195), there was no
 way to do that. Network operators have asked for this feature later,
 and it has been implemented, and has been documented in RFC 2966.

> can be passed to the routers in level 1 area thru level 1 LSP's?

  In RFC 1195 that wasn't allowed either. However, some vendors
 implemented redistribution into L1 anyway. This was documented later
 in rfc2966 as well.

    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2966.txt

       henk.