Subject: [Isis-wg] draft-hermelin-ext-lsp-frags-01.txt

From: "Amir H." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 18:34:27 +0300

Hi,

a new version of the LSP fragments draft has been submitted. Please take a
moment to examine it, and reply with your thoughts. Editorial comments
should be sent to me, please. General comments to the list.
Main things that were changed were editorial and clarifications.

Thanks,

Amir Hermelin   mailto:[email-masked]
Charlotte's Web Networks LTD.   http://www.cwnt.com

Abstract

   This document describes a mechanism that allows a system to originate
   more than 256 LSP fragments, a limit set by the original Intermediate
   System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) Routing protocol, as described
   in ISO 10589.  This mechanism can be used in IP-only, OSI-only, and
   dual routers.

   The document describes behaviors that are backwards compatible with
   ISIS implementations that do not support this feature.  These
   behaviors are specified in a way that allows previous implementations
   to correctly process the extended fragment information.