Subject: Re:Re: [Isis-wg] Doubt regarding IP Internal Reach TLV

From: "R Selvaraj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:59:02 -0700

>I thought the issue was that there was no point in advertising 
>that you can reach a network if you have no evidence that you
>can, in fact, reach the network.  Just because you are configured
>and you have carrier doesn't mean that you can get there from
>here.  

>The existence of an IS-IS Adjacency on a link proves that
>there is at least one other router under the delusion that 
>it can reach the net in question.
--Jeff Parker

Do u mean that unless an ISIS have an ajacency on the circuit it should not include the circit IP addres ?  But, even if there is no adjacency on the circuit it can still route data packtets to that net. I feel an ISIS need not bother about adjacency for advertising Internal reachability information. Neighhbour TLV can do that. 

Selva.

------------------------------------------------------------
WWW.COM - Where the Web Begins! http://www.www.com
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Jeff Learman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 13:36:24 -0400

>>it can reach the net in question.

I assume you mean "router or host", not just router, and are including
adjacencies created by ARP as well as IS adjacencies.  Otherwise, how
would we ever get a route to a subnet with only one router?

Jeff