Subject: [Isis-wg] Receiving CSNPs in IS-IS

From: Talmon_Reiss <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 18:53:54 +0300

Hi

If an IS receives an CSNP and there are LESS LSPs listed in it than it has
in its own database, is this IS required to send the missing LSPs back on
the same circuit? If so, according to what timer? Or is it immediate?

Talmon

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Bruno Mongazon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 18:30:31 +0200

> the same circuit? If so, according to what timer? Or is it immediate?

Hi Talmon,

I think it works as follows:

A CSNP contains the START LSP ID and END LSP ID fields in addition to
LSP entries.
When an IS receives a CSNP it should scan its database within the range
[START LSP ID, END LSP ID]. If no LSP entry is found in the CSNP for an
LSP ID in that range, the IS should send the missing LSP back to the
transmitter.

My understanding is that the transmission of missing LSPs is immediate.

My 2 cents.
Bruno.

---

From: mike shand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 08:01:04 +0100

>My understanding is that the transmission of missing LSPs is immediate.

Mihah's description is slightly more accurate. You set SRMflags 
immediately, but the actual transmission takes place according to the usual 
transmission rules, including pacing and randomization where appropriate.

In particular, if its a LAN and you hear the LSP in question transmitted by 
someone else before you have actually transmitted it, this would cause your 
SRMflag for that LSP to be cleared, so you wouldn't transmit it.

         Mike