Subject: [Isis-wg] how to transfer isis pdu in p2p link?

From: 0xLJC0EED2EEz/0xLJC4CFBEA9D1D0BEBFCBF9z/0xLJBDBBBBBBB2FAC6B7CAC2D2B5B2BFz/zte_ltd <0xLJC0EED2EEz/0xLJC4CFBEA9D1D0BEBFCBF9z/0xLJBDBBBBBBB2FAC6B7CAC2D2B5B2BFz/[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 16:03:05 +0800

In Lan , isis pdu is transmitted using 802.3. Who knows what link protocol
is used when isis pdu transmitted in p2p network?

thx advance

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Henk Smit <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:05:42 -0800 (PST)

> is used when isis pdu transmitted in p2p network?

  Whatever you want. Whatever you are running on the p2p link.
 So if you use PPP, ISIS will be inside a PPP frame. If you wanna run
 cisco's HDLC, the ISIS packet will be inside a HDLC frame.
 Unlike ethernet, where you can run 4 different encapsulations at the
 same time, on a p2p link you can run only one encapsulation at the
 same time

     Henk.