Subject: [Isis-wg] (no subject)

From: "Sachidananda K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:04:03 +0000

Hi,

I have some questions related to the waiting state.

The section 7.3.19 of ISO 10589 states that IS shall enter the waiting state 
upon being overloaded. The waiting state timer shall be restarted every time 
the PDU cannot be processed due to lack of resources (I understand this 
would generally be memory).

However, if the IS has ran out of memory, condition would persist for ever, 
till it is cold-rebooted (Unless some other auto-recovery mechanism is 
provided by OS). In either case the protocol would have to be re-started 
from fresh.

I would like to know if the IS enters the wait state for such reasons is 
there any specific sequence of activities to be performed (that standard 
describes).

Please help in this regards.
Thanking you in advance.
Sachi

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg