Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] Reserved TLV Codepoints in ISIS

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 16:14:22 -0800

Tony,

>    This document will be periodically updated by never versions in the
>    fashion of [RP94 ] and successors.

i.e. not since 1994? =)

  Forgive me if you've covered this already, but have you contacted the
IANA about their willingness to run a registry for this, even though
they can't be 100% authoritative?  It seems like just like the IANA no
longer publishes RFC 1700 that it'd be much easier to have a registry
than an RFC that has to be periodically updated.  Instead, we could have
an "IANA Considerations for ISIS Type Codepoints" spec, which directs
the IANA to register code points that the ISO and SIF create as well.

  How does the ISIS WG decide upon a code point for a new work item?

Thanks,
  Bill
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg