Subject: [Isis-wg] External IPRA

From: "" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 11:55:22 +0530

Hi,

Kindly clarify the following

Whether External IPRA needs to be summarized? If yes, then consider the following.

External IPRA with Internal Metric matches  Summary Address Table Entry S1. We announce S1 with what ever metric that is configured in the Summary Address Table 

Note: SA table does not have a field indicating the type of metric whether internal or external.

External IPRA with External Metric matches Summary Address Table Entry S2. What should be done now, since the metric configured in the summary Address Table does not specify whether it is internal or external can S2 now be announced for the External IPRA. Will this not violate the specification which says, that external metrics are not camparable to internal metrics?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated 

Thanks &amp; Regards

Sivakumar A
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at  http://email.indiatimes.com
Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM, Audio-Books and Music Accessories from http://www.planetm.co.in

---

From: "SelvarajR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 13:58:37 +0530

Hi Siva,
In most of the implementation Summary address metric is NOT configurable.
Its determined dynamically whenever an IPRA falls under that. The LEAST
value among all the IPRA falling under the SA is advertised as the SA's
metric in the corresponding LSP.
If the SA is configured for L12, then the least value should be determined
for each level and should be advertised in the corresponding LSP. While Ext
and Int RA falls under the same SA, then the Int RA's are preferred over Ext
RA's.Thats it.

if ,RA1 => MetricType -  External,  Configured metric - 10
   RA2 => MetricType -  Internal,  Configured metric - 50

if RA1 and RA2 falls under the same summary address(say SA1) for the same
level, then metric with which SA1 should be advertised in the corresponding
level LSP should be 50 and metric type should be Internal.

Other hand, if SA1 is configured for L12, and if RA1 is configured for
L1-only and RA2 is configured for L2-only, then
SA1 should be advertised in L1 LSP with Metric = 10, Metric Type External.
SA1 should be advertised in L2 LSP with Metric = 50, Metric Type Internal.

Selva.

 -----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, 24 December 2001 11:55 AM
To: workgroup
Cc: Jeff Parker; Radia Perlman - Boston Center for Networking
Subject: [Isis-wg] External IPRA

  Hi,

  Whether External IPRA needs to be summarized? If yes, then consider the
following.

  External IPRA with Internal Metric matches  Summary Address Table Entry
S1. We announce S1 with what ever metric that is configured in the Summary
Address Table

  Note: SA table does not have a field indicating the type of metric whether
internal or external.

  External IPRA with External Metric matches Summary Address Table Entry S2.
What should be done now, since the metric configured in the summary Address
Table does not specify whether it is internal or external can S2 now be
announced for the External IPRA. Will this not violate the specification
which says, that external metrics are not camparable to internal metrics?
  [Selvaraj R] In this case , External routes should be ignored. Should
prefer only the Internal routes.

  Thanks & Regards

  Sivakumar A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
  Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at
http://email.indiatimes.com
  Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM, Audio-Books and Music Accessories from
http://www.planetm.co.in