Subject: [Isis-wg] Echo packet

From: "Rayapureddi Ramesh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 14:38:12 +0530

Hi,

I have one doubt regarding CLNS echo packet.

When we sent multiple echo (CLNP) requests and received multiple echo
responses,
how to correlate them. Is there any standard/RFC talking about the
co-relation.

If any body knows, please help me out.

Regards,
Ramesh

---

From: Jeff Learman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 10:13:19 -0500

A CLNP echo request packet may contain user data.  The echo reply will
normally contain the entire echo request packet, and the user data may
be used to correlate the request with the response.

Alternatively, depending on your CLNP echo implementation, you could
correlate the reply with the request by inspecting the Data Unit ID
in the CLNP echo request header copied in the echo reply.

Jeff

At 04:08 AM 1/2/2002, Rayapureddi Ramesh wrote:
>When we sent multiple echo (CLNP) requests and received multiple echo responses, 
>how to correlate them. Is there any standard/RFC talking about the co-relation.
>