Subject: [Isis-wg] FW: reg IS & ES neighbors

From: "Rayapureddi Ramesh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:14:33 +0530

Hi,

In Cisco there are two commands

<clns is-neighbor SNPA NSAP> and <clns es-neighbor SNPA NSAP> at the
interface level.

If we enable both ISIS and CLNS routing on Cisco router.

In both the commands whatever (area Id will be equal to areaID given in
<net> command)
neighbor SNPA address we are giving ISIS is advertising as ES neighbors in
neighbor
options of LSP. Then what is the difference between these commands?

example :
config> clns routing
config-router>net 47.0004.004d.1300.0102.0304.00
config-router>interface eth 1/0
config-if>clns es-neighbor 47.0004.004d.3100.0102.0304.00 1111.2222.3333
config-if>clns is-neighbor  47.0004.004d.4100.0102.0304.00 1111.2222.3333

ISIS is advertising in L1 LSP as ES neighbors (3100.0102.0304 &
4100.0102.0304) in neighbor options.

Can anybody explain me.

Regards,
Ramesh

---

From: Jeff Learman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:11:26 -0500

Ramesh,

Implementation-specific questions are not permitted on this exploder.
Please direct any Cisco implementation questions to your Cisco support
representative.

I do not work on IS-IS at Cisco and have no insider knowledge of
the Cisco implementation.  Fortunately, this question is answerable
knowing only the standards.  (Note that you could have asked this
question in a vendor-unspecific fashion, by stating that you had
configured an IS manual adjacency and an ES manual adjacency but
saw both appear in the LSPs as end-system neighbors and wondered
whether this is correct.)

IS-IS can't advertise a neighbor as an IS neighbor unless it has
established an adjacency in the 'UP' state according to 10598.
You can't manually put an adjacency in the 'UP' state.  IS-IS is
treating this system like an intermediate system that is not running
IS-IS, which is equivalent to how it would treat an end system.

Best Regards,
Jeff

At 02:44 AM 1/29/2002, Rayapureddi Ramesh wrote:
><clns is-neighbor SNPA NSAP> and <clns es-neighbor SNPA NSAP> at the interface level.
> 
> 
>In both the commands whatever (area Id will be equal to areaID given in <net> command)  
>neighbor SNPA address we are giving ISIS is advertising as ES neighbors in neighbor 
>ISIS is advertising in L1 LSP as ES neighbors (3100.0102.0304 & 4100.0102.0304) in neighbor options.
> 
> 
>Can anybody explain me.
> 
> 
>Regards,
>Ramesh

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 01:13:11 -0800

| Can anybody explain me.

Please consult with your vendor.  This is not a technical support mailing
list.

Tony
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg