Subject: [Isis-wg] pseudonode LSPs

From: ramanathan ramasamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 07:43:12 -0800

Hi all,

          I have the following doubt in ISIS for IP.

*   In Pseudonode LSP, according to RFC 1195 sec 4.3, we won't be listing 
any IP reachability field( because of logical subnetting probelem).
    Then what is the purpose of retaining Psuedonode LSP concept in ISIS 
for IP. What will it contain? What is it used for? - is it there to 
maintain compatability in case of Integrated ISIS?

Thanks
rams.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:46:20 -0500 (EST)

You still advertise reachability to all the other is' on the same
segment, so it still works the same way--you don't need the ip
informaiton for connectivity to other nodes int he tree, just to
leaves, and the pnode won't ever be a leaf, or at least not that
I can figure out.

:-)

Russ

> maintain compatability in case of Integrated ISIS?

_____________________________
[email-masked] <>< Grace Alone