Subject: [Isis-wg] Ack'ing LSP on P2P

From: "Chan, Chung Ming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:06:35 -1000

Hi,

	I've question that is related to the LSP ack mechanism based on what
I observed from one of the vendor's router.

	If the router has two p2p interfaces, Int-A and Int-B,  

	If on Int-A, a LSP (Seq # X) is rx and the router forwards the LSP
to Int-B ( it is also expecting an Ack from the interface).

	Then, before an Ack is received on Int-B, a newer instance of the
same LSP (Seq # Y > X) is received from Int-A again, 

	On Int-A, the router sends out PSNP to ack the latest received LSP
(Seq # Y > X)

	We observed that the router is still sending out LSP (Seq # X). (we
purposely configure the other router that connected to Int-B to slow down on
sending the Ack out).

	Shouldn't the next LSP sent out from Int-B be LSP (Seq #Y > X) ?

Thanks,

Ming Chan

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg