Subject: [Isis-wg] new version of assigned tlv numbers ...

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:09:18 -0800

Please update the following draft

    thanks

    -- tony

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Internet Engineering Task Force                               T. Przygienda
INTERNET DRAFT                                                      Redback
                                                                   Jan 2002
                       Reserved TLV Codepoints in ISIS
                 <draft-ietf-isis-wg-tlv-codepoints-02.txt>

Status of This Memo

    This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance with
    all provisions of Section 10 of RFC2026.  Internet-Drafts are working
    documents of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), its areas,
    and its working groups.  Note that other groups may also distribute
    working documents as Internet-Drafts.

    Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
    and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at
    any time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
    material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

    The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
    http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt

    The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
    http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

    Copyright Notice Copyright (C) The Internet Society (2000).  All
    Rights Reserved.

Abstract

    This draft describes implementation codepoints within
    IS-IS [ISO90 , Cal90a , Cal90b ] used today by several ISPs for
    routing within their clouds.  IS-IS is an interior gateway routing
    protocol developed originally by OSI and used with IP extensions as
    IGP. This draft summarizes all TLV codepoints that are being used by
    the protocol and its pending extensions.

Przygienda                     Expires Jun 2002                     [Page 1]
^L
Internet Draft                    TLV Codepoints                      Jan 2002

1.  TLV Codepoints reserved
    __________________________________________________________________________
     Name                    Value  IIH   LSP   SNP  Status

    __________________________________________________________________________

     Area Addresses              1  y     y     n    ISO 10589
     IIS Neighbors               2  n     y     n    ISO 10589
     ES Neighbors                3  n     y     n    ISO 10589
     Part.  DIS                  4  n     y     n    ISO 10589
     Prefix Neighbors            5  n     y     n    ISO 10589
     IIS Neighbors               6  y     n     n    ISO 10589
     Padding                     8  y     n     n    ISO 10589
     LSP Entries                 9  n     n     y    ISO 10589
     Authentication             10  y     y     y    ISO 10589
     Opt.  Checksum             12  y     n     y    IETF-draft
     LSPBufferSize              14  n     y     n    ISO 10589 Rev 2 Draft
     TE IIS Neigh.              22  n     y     n    IETF-draft
     DECnet Phase IV            42  y     n     n    DEC (ancient)
     Lucent Proprietary         66  n     y     n
     IP Int.  Reach            128  n     y     n    RFC 1195
     Prot.  Supported          129  y     y     n    RFC 1195
     IP Ext.  Address          130  n     y     n    RFC 1195
     IDRPI                     131  n     y     y    RFC 1195
     IP Intf.  Address         132  y     y     n    RFC 1195
     Illegal                   133  n     n     n    RFC 1195 (not used)
     Router ID                 134  n     y     n    IETF-draft
     TE IP. Reach              135  n     y     n    IETF-draft
     Dynamic Name              137  n     y     n    RFC 2763
     Nortel Proprietary        176  n     y     n
     Nortel Proprietary        177  n     y     n
     Restart TLV               211  y     n     n    IETF-draft
     MT-ISN                    222  n     y     n    IETF-draft
     M-Topologies              229  y     y     n    IETF-draft
     IPv6 Intf.  Addr.         232  y     y     n    IETF-draft
     MT IP. Reach              235  n     y     n    IETF-draft
     IPv6 IP. Reach            236  n     y     n    IETF-draft
     MT IPv6 IP. Reach         237  n     y     n    IETF-draft
     P2P Adjacency State       240  y     n     n    IETF-draft

2.  Assignment Procedures

    This document is provided to avoid possible future conflicts in
    assignment of TLV numbers.  It does not constitute or represent any
    standard or authority assigning TLV numbers.  TLV assignment happens
Przygienda                     Expires Jun 2002                       [Page 2]
^L
Internet Draft                    TLV Codepoints                      Jan 2002

    on a shared, informational basis between the ISO, SIF and the IETF
    working groups.  The core ISIS protocol is being specified in the
    ISO standards body, IP extensions to it however are products of the
    ISIS working group in IETF. Since ISO does not provide a numbering
    authority and IANA is only responsible for IP related coding points,
    no plausible central authority to assign TLV numbers exists as of
    today.

    This document will be periodically updated by never versions in the
    fashion of [RP94 ] and successors.  It may be replaced at any given
    point in time by some type of official registry.

    This document will not indicate specific drafts using the codepoints,
    nor will it resolve the sub-TLV codepoints.

3.  Acknowledgments

    Thanks to Les Ginsberg and others for pointing out details and
    improving this work.

4.  Security Consideration

    ISIS security applies to the work presented.  No specific security
    issues are being introduced.
References

    [Cal90a]  R. Callon.  OSI ISIS Intradomain Routing Protocol.
              INTERNET-RFC, Internet Engineering Task Force, February
              1990.

    [Cal90b]  R. Callon.  Use of OSI ISIS for Routing in TCP/IP and Dual
              Environments.  INTERNET-RFC, Internet Engineering Task
              Force, December 1990.

    [ISO90]   ISO.  Information Technology - Telecommunications and
              Information Exchange between Systems - Intermediate System
              to Intermediate System Routing Exchange Protocol for
              Use in Conjunction with the Protocol for Providing the
              Connectionless-Mode Network Service.  ISO, 1990.

    [RP94]    J. Reynolds and J. Postel.  Rfc 1700, Assigned Numbers.
              Internet Engineering Task Force, October 1994.

Przygienda                     Expires Jun 2002                       [Page 3]
^L
Internet Draft                    TLV Codepoints                      Jan 2002

5.  Authors' Addresses

     Tony Przygienda
     Redback Networks
     350 Holger Way
     San Jose, CA, 95134-1362
     [email-masked]

6.   Full Copyright Statement

    Copyright (C) The Internet Society (1997).  All Rights Reserved.

    This document and translations of it may be copied and furnished to
    others, and derivative works that comment on or otherwise explain it
    or assist in its implementation may be prepared, copied, published
    and distributed, in whole or in part, without restriction of any
    kind, provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph
    are included on all such copies and derivative works.  However,
    this document itself may not be modified in any way, such as by
    removing the copyright notice or references to the Internet Society
    or other Internet organizations, except as needed for the purpose
    of developing Internet standards in which case the procedures
    for copyrights defined in the Internet Standards process must be
    followed, or as required to translate it into languages other than
    English.

    The limited permissions granted above are perpetual and will not be
    revoked by the Internet Society or its successors or assigns.

    This document and the information contained herein is provided on an
    "AS IS" basis and THE INTERNET SOCIETY AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING
    TASK FORCE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING
    BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION
    HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
    MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

Przygienda                     Expires Jun 2002                       [Page 4]

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg