Subject: RE: [Isis-wg] LSP with size bigger than ReceiveLSPBufferSize

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:12:22 -0500

> >  Can anyone tell me what a router should do when it
> >  receives a LSP with size bigger than the
> >  ReceiveLSPBufferSize?  
> >
> >  dong

> "If a ... PDU larger than this size is received, it shall be 
> ..... simply dropped  
> 
>    Les

...and the 07 MIB defines a trap to be sent.  

This is Bad News that represents either a munged packet
or serious missconfiguration: inconsistent max buffer 
sizes, or incompatible areas leaking together.  

- jeff parker
- axiowave networks

isisOriginatingLSPBufferSizeMismatch NOTIFICATION-TYPE
    OBJECTS {
        isisOriginatingBufferSize,
        isisSystemLevel,
        isisTrapLSPID,
        isisCircIfIndex
    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "A notification sent when a Level 1 LSP or Level
         2 LSP is received which is larger than the local
         value for originatingL1LSPBufferSize or
         originatingL2LSPBufferSize respectively, or when
         a Level 1 LSP or Level2 LSP is received containing
         the originatingLSPBufferSize option and the value in
         the PDU option field does not match the local value
         for originatingL1LSPBufferSize or originatingL2LSPBufferSize
         respectively.  We pass up the size from the option
         field or the size of the LSP that exceeds our
         configuration.

         This should be an edge-triggered notification.
         We should not send a second notification about
         PDUs received from the same source."

    ::= { isisTrapPrefix 15 }
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg