Subject: [Isis-wg] question on draft-ietf-isis-wg-mib-06

From: Sanjeev Chakravarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:19:02 -0800

Hi,

I'm new to this domain. The IS-IS CLI commands support assigning password 
(referring to Cisco CLI)
#area-password password
#domain-password password
#isis password password {level-1 | level-2}

In draft-ietf-isis-wg-mib-06.txt, I couldn't find the corresponding MIB
attributes. If I'm missing something please let me know.

Thanks,

Sanjeev
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:13:53 -0500

> attributes. If I'm missing something please let me know.

It is NOT safe (from a security perspective) to put passwords into a MIB.
That approach leads to cascading security vulnerabilities, which would
be a BAD state to be in.  So absence from the MIB is both intentional
and The Right Thing to do.

Just as with "tuning knobs", not everything belongs in a MIB.

Ran
[email-masked]