Subject: [Isis-wg] draft-ietf-isis-wg-mib-07 - Validation ??

From: "Ramanan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:36:36 +0530

Hi
When validating the "draft-ietf-isis-wg-mib-07.txt" in the following link,
http://snmp.cs.utwente.nl/ietf/mibs/validate/

the following errors are obtained.

1. identifier `InetAddressPrefixLength' cannot be imported from module
`INET-ADDRESS-MIB'
2. index element `isisAreaAddr' of row `isisAreaAddrEntry' should be
not-accessible in SMIv2 MIB
3. index element `isisISAdjAreaAddress' of row `isisISAdjAreaAddrEntry'
should be not-accessible in SMIv2 MIB
4. index element `isisISAdjProtSuppProtocol' of row `isisISAdjProtSuppEntry'
should be not-accessible in SMIv2 MIB

I believe InetAddressPrefixLength  is not defined in "INET-ADDRESS-MIB"

Correct me if I am wrong

Regards

Ramanan

***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL) 
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information 
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for 
what it is intended. 

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. 
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from 
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:00:51 -0500

> 	I could not find InetAddressPrefixLength in rfc2851.txt
> Can you please detail me from where had you quoted the following from?
> "InetAddressPrefixLength ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION"
 
I'm sorry: I was too hasty with the cut and paste.  
RFC 2851 has been updated, and MIB authors are being
encouraged to use the conventions described in 

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ops-rfc2851-update-06.txt

- jeff parker