Subject: [Isis-wg] IS-IS on UPSR ring

From: Lawrence Mao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:33:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

If the IS-IS needs to be supported on a SONET
UPSR ring, throught its DCC channel (note that
the ring is uni-directional), say, if I have 4
nodes on a ring:

    A --> B --> C --> D -
    ^                    |
    |--------------------

what kind of modifications need to be made in
order to let the protocol work properly (note
all interfaces are p2p type)?

2nd question is, if the interface is unnumbered,
how is its routing table generated? Use routerID?

Thanks,
--
Lawrence

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
http://taxes.yahoo.com/
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Jeff Learman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:15:17 -0400

Laurence,

This isn't really an IS-IS question, it's a SONET question.  For SONET
DCC, you run IS-IS over LAP-B (or possibly PPP).  In either case, dual
fiber counter-directional rings are required.  To the software, you must
make it look like there is a bidirectional link between A and B, using
the clockwise ring for transmit and the counterclockwise ring for
receive.

For single-fiber rings, you would need a proprietary solution.  You
could try something like Token Ring at the link layer and make the
ring look like a TR broadcast LAN.

Regards,
Jeff

---

From: Mike Truskowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 07:28:41 -0700 (PDT)

Lawrence,
Who do you work for?

Mike