Subject: [Isis-wg] Questions on draft-ietf-isis-gmpls-extensions-09

From: Jon Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:00:19 +0100

I have some questions about the Link Protection Type sub-TLV and the SRLG
TLV.

Link Protection Type sub-TLV (section 5.3) :

Why is the length of the link protection type different between IS-IS and
OSPF?  It is 2 octets in IS-IS and 4 in OSPF
(draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-gmpls-extensions-05).

In both protocols only the value of the first octet is specified in the
respective drafts.  What are these other octet(s) for?  Should they just be
set to zero?

SRLG TLV (section 5.5) :

Presumably the 7 octets of system ID and pseudonode number are for the
neighbor, as per the extended IS reachability TLV.  Correct?  If so, it
would be helpful if the text explicitly said this.

Thanks

Jon
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg