Subject: RE: [Isis-wg] draft-ietf-isis-wg-mib-07 - Validation ??

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:08:10 -0500

> Hi
> When validating the "draft-ietf-isis-wg-mib-07.txt" in the 
> following link,
> http://snmp.cs.utwente.nl/ietf/mibs/validate/
> 
> the following errors are obtained.
> 
> 1. identifier `InetAddressPrefixLength' cannot be imported from module
> `INET-ADDRESS-MIB'

	%InetAddressPrefixLength rfc2851.txt
   		and a third one whose syntax is InetAddressPrefixLength.
The
   		InetAddress value while the InetAddressPrefixLength
identifies the
            	InetAddressPrefixLength, InetPortNumber,
   		InetAddressPrefixLength ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
  		... 

> 2. index element `iseaAddr' of row `isisAreaAddrEntry' should be
> not-accessible in SMIv2 MIB
> 3. index element `isisISAdjAreaAddress' of row 
> `isisISAdjAreaAddrEntry'
> should be not-accessible in SMIv2 MIB
> 4. index element `isisISAdjProtSuppProtocol' of row 
> `isisISAdjProtSuppEntry'
> should be not-accessible in SMIv2 MIB

I have those three indicies as not-accessible in my version.
 
> I believe InetAddressPrefixLength  is not defined in 
> "INET-ADDRESS-MIB"
> 
> Correct me if I am wrong
> 
> Regards
> 
> Ramanan
 
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: "Ramanan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:03:03 +0530

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Parker [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, 04 April, 2002 08:38 PM
To: [email-masked]'; Isis-Wg (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [Isis-wg] draft-ietf-isis-wg-mib-07 - Validation ??

	%InetAddressPrefixLength rfc2851.txt
   		and a third one whose syntax is InetAddressPrefixLength.
The
   		InetAddress value while the InetAddressPrefixLength
identifies the
            	InetAddressPrefixLength, InetPortNumber,
   		InetAddressPrefixLength ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
  		... 
Ramanan>>
	I could not find InetAddressPrefixLength in rfc2851.txt
Can you please detail me from where had you quoted the following from?
"InetAddressPrefixLength ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION"

> should be not-accessible in SMIv2 MIB

I have those three indices as not-accessible in my version.

Ramanan>>

Mib present in the following link 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-wg-mib-07.txt
has the elements as READ-ONLY

     isisAreaAddr OBJECT-TYPE
         SYNTAX OSINSAddress
         MAX-ACCESS read-only
         STATUS current

     isisISAdjAreaAddress OBJECT-TYPE
         SYNTAX OSINSAddress
         MAX-ACCESS read-only

     isisISAdjProtSuppProtocol OBJECT-TYPE
         SYNTAX SupportedProtocol
         MAX-ACCESS read-only

Can you please send me your version of the mib?

If these elements are not accessible, then how to access those tables
as these do not have any other object other than the indices?
This is very well like not having those tables at all...

***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL) 
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information 
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for 
what it is intended. 

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. 
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from 
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg