Subject: [Isis-wg] MIB: IPRA Table Comments

From: "Jonnala, Nagi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 06:34:25 -0500

All,

I've a couple of comments on IPRA table of mib-10.

a) IPRA indices:
================

I'm just wondering why do we need isisIPRAIndex in
the indices list? 

We can index into the table by using:

Sys-Instance, Dest-Type, Dest-Address, Prefix-Len.

Right? (or) Am I missing something?

b) isisIPRANextHopType:
=======================

Having DestType already in the table(Infact as one of the index),
does isisIPRANextHopType carry any extra information?

It MAY be the case, if the node is at the boarder of IPv4 
and IPv6 or vice versa. Is this meant for that? 

or can we remove this field?

c) isisIPRASNPAAddress:
=======================

First of all, I'm not sure if using MAC address in IPRA table
is okay. Where do we get this -  from operator? or from other 
protocols? 

Please note that we already have isisIPRANextHop in the table.
Shouldn't that be sufficient?

Please correct me if I misinterpreted anything.

Thanks
Nagi.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg