Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 3847 on Restart Signaling for Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:42:11 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3847

        Title:      Restart Signaling for
                    Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS)
        Author(s):  M. Shand, L. Ginsberg
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 50023
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-restart-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3847.txt

This document describes a mechanism for a restarting router to signal
to its neighbors that it is restarting, allowing them to
reestablish their adjacencies without cycling through the down
state, while still correctly initiating database synchronization.

This document additionally describes a mechanism for a restarting
router to determine when it has achieved LSP database
synchronization with its neighbors and a mechanism to optimize LSP
database synchronization, while minimizing transient routing
disruption when a router starts. 

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg