Subject: [Isis-wg] IPv6 Traffic Engineering in IS-IS

From: Jon Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:47:29 +0100

Folks,

We propose that this draft be adopted by the IS-IS working group.  This
working group already owns IPv6 and TE support separately. IPv6 objects are
defined for MPLS and GMPLS and so IGPs need to provide this service.  The
OSPF WG has already accepted a draft offering equivalent function as a work
item.

Could you please take a look at this and let us have any comments on either
the technical solution or its suitability as a WG document.

Thanks,

Jon

	Title		: IPv6 Traffic Engineering in IS-IS
	Author(s)	: J. Harrison, et al.
	Filename	: draft-harrison-isis-ipv6-te-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2004-7-6
	
   This draft specifies a method for exchanging IPv6 Traffic Engineering
   information using the IS-IS routing protocol.  The described method
   uses three new TLVs, together with 2 new sub-TLVs of the Extended IS
   Reachability TLV.  The information distributed allows a CSPF
   algorithm to calculate traffic engineered routes using IPv6
   addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harrison-isis-ipv6-te-00.txt

Jon Berger
Network Protocols Group
Data Connection Ltd
Tel:	  +44 20 8366 1177	
Fax:	  +44 20 8363 1039
Email:  mailto:[email-masked]
Web:    http://www.dataconnection.com

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg